Friday, September 15, 2006

Back in Blighty

First part of the trip has now finished and we arrived back in the UK yesterday before jetting off to Oz this Sunday to validate my visa. The Euro-trip climaxed with an awesome 2 day trip to Barcelona where wannabe footballer here experienced the wonder that is the Nou Camp and then 5 days in Biarritz where wannabe surfer here got to dip his toes with his awesome surfer-girl wife.













Continuing to build more linguistic barriers than I have broken down I have now manged to fall foul of the Italians and the French. On the autostrada in Italy we learnt that the Italians really are more expressive. Having been harassed for the 27th time in 3 minutes I lost patience with one horn-blower and flipped the finger only to be met with more gesticulations than I could ever decipher. Pretty sure they weren't tokens of peace though. Then, in France I copped some flak in the water. I had ben told that the local surfers were cool just so long as you don't drop in on their wave. Fair enough. I didn't mean to, was actually looking closely to learn from him but somehow got in the way and then copped a right earful before foolishly trying to explain why I had stuffed up. In my non-existent French. C'est la vie.

But, all in all, an excellent end to the trip and some awesome memories. Highlights for me being the Swiss Alps, Florence, Barcelona and Biarritz. Hopefully Katherine will get some of her photos on the web soon which are fantastic - I think she should have her own website, really, they're great.

Big public shout of congrats to Prue Greentree soon-to-be-Blamey & William and to Jade and Simon on baby Fin.

Hope all are well

Mike & Kat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home